Run Job Files using the ETL Module

This entry guides you through the steps to run your migrated Repertoire 8.x or Ambience 4.x jobs using the ETL Module in Ambience/Repertoire 202x.

If your Jobs has any tasks that reads a file or outputs a file, do go through this guide from Step 1. Else, you may proceed to Step 3.

1. In your etc/application.conf file, add the following code fragment:
    *Do add in the necessary paths as required based on your Jobs created.
    For example, the path “C:/outputFolder” is added as the job is configured to output a file in that directory.
elixir.data.ds {
  # Only files within these directories (and sub directories) are readable and writable by the File Steps.
  # You could use "/" or "C:/" or equivalent to allow access to all files and folders, but restricting the
  # scope to certain folders is preferred. Relative paths are relative to the installation root folder
  readable: ["./data/in", "./data/out"]
  writable: ["./data/out", "C:/outputFolder"]
}
  1. Restart your Ambience/Repertoire 202x server.

2. Ensure that you have migrated over the necessary Jobs into the Ambience/Repertoire 202x repository.

• A sample job file as well as the composite data source linked to that job has been attached
    here for your reference.
  • Please park the above 2 files under /ElixirSamples
  • The sample job would generate a set of records based on FruitSales.ds and streams it onto a csv file which will be output in the following directory, “C:/outputFolder”
  1. From Service Chooser, select the ETL module and proceed to add a new chainset.

2. Next, add a new chain (i.e." RunJob1") and add the following steps (i.e. “JSON Record”, “Run Job”) to the chain.

3. In the step “JSON Record”, create a new variable (i.e. “job”) to point to the job file parked over in the Repository module.

• To easily copy the full path of your job file, navigate to the repository module → locate the job file → click the clipboard icon beside the job file name.

1. In the step “Run Job”, input the variable (i.e. “job”) which was configured in the previous step as the input for the parameter “Job Field”.

2. Select the desired logging level and click Save. To run the ETL chain, select the “play” button found in the Steps column.

3. If successful, you will be able to see a statusCode of “1”.

• The different status codes could be found under the Notes section of the Run Job step when further expanded.